We might as well just have to rename June as the Team Building month because WE. JUST. DON’T. STOP!
On 27th June #teamextract set off to face an unforgiving (yet extremely fun) challenge – Total Warrior race. Unusually for races, Total Warrior is not as much about competing as it is about completing. This 10K obstacle course that some of us might perceive as the hardest workout of their lifetime was yet described by one of the participants – Sylvain Pasquier, Project Manager at ETL – as “great camaraderie”. We’ll just have to trust him on that one.
Total Warrior consists of a 10K run and 28 obstacles such as:
- The Plunge – 20 FEET LONG. 4 FEET DEEP. 10 TONS OF ICE!
- Human BBQ – TAKE THE LEAP OF FAITH OVER FIRE INTO A COLD, MURKY POOL.
- Channel crossing – MAKE YOUR WAY ACROSS 50 METRES OFF MURKY WATER.
- Peaks of pain – 15FT HIGH – 50FT WIDE – 40 DEGREE ANGLE – 4FT ROPE – SUCCESS RATE ON FIRST ATTEMPT: 33%.
- Traverse – MAKE YOUR WAY SIDEWAYS ACROSS A 6FT DROP INTO FREEZING WATER.
- River Crossing – DEEP AND FAST OR SHALLOW AND SLOW, YOU CHOOSE!
Just to name a few. Dear Total Warrior participants, we’re really impressed.
When asked about the experience and whether he’d do it again, Sylvain comments: “I decided to do it for the challenge. I had heard it was hard and by the end of it I was really tired. Yes, I would do it again but now I know what to expect I would be much better prepared. I found the running harder than the obstacles even if I got stuck in some mud. It was great camaraderie. The worst obstacle for me was the steeple chase where we had to go over vertical boards higher than us and I have no upper body strength.”
For this extraordinaire challenge #teamextract consisted of 12 participants and 2 observers /cheering supporters:
- Alan Wainwright
- Paul Hudson
- Darren Beardsmore
- Sylvain Pasquier
- Jaime Larder
- Joshua McDermott
- Billy Blackham
- Martin Musgreave
- Brad Thomas
- Michael Precious
- Dale Shields
- Matthew Ellam
- Ekta Saggi
- Joseph Hirst
Thank you for representing us and congratulations for completing, warriors!