An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Controls Department.
The Controls Engineer (CE) is responsible for the design and ultimate performance of electrical and electronic controls of highly complex, mobile and stationary systems. These systems must conform to the latest standards established by many regulatory agencies. To be successful, the CE’s system designs and documentation must enable our production personnel to assemble the systems in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, implements, maintains and improves electrical controls, components, products and systems for industrial equipment
• Prepares and studies technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installations and operations confirm to standards and customer requirements
• Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Directs and coordinates installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements
• Assists in service calls for troubleshooting problems
• Complies with established company engineering procedures
• Use standard library code or write custom code that will be installed in the on board PLC’s used to operate the custom equipment.
• Effectively interfaces with engineers, departments and project team members
• Provides coaching and guidance to others
• Performs work aligned with state-of-the-art control technologies
• Trouble-shoots product/product in-services at customer locations. This will include timely trouble-shooting of the completed products while at test facilities
• Maintains contact with manufacturing personnel, review progress and evaluate results
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
•College Degree Major Desired: Electrical, electronic or controls engineering
Knowledge, Training, Skills and/or Experience:
Proficiency in electrical and control engineering principles
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Experience with high voltage AC and 12/24V DC electrical control system design
• PLC programming
• Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
*If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Tom Wyss, Director ETL – email Tom.Wyss@extract-technology.com