FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The Field Service Tech installs, repairs, warranties, and maintains equipment. They will play a part in the design, manufacturing, installation and operation of components and equipment systems. Regular maintenance and routine repairs will be required to keep equipment running at ideal levels. This position is responsible for setting up, inspecting, and correcting operational electrical machinery, circuitry and equipment following guidelines specified by engineering. Assist in factory acceptance testing. The Field Service Tech works on-call and will need to arrange travel based on the field service schedule to meet customer needs.
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems in the field
• Assemble, review, and calibrate electrical and electronic components, control panels and other devices using mechanical/electrical circuits and machinery.
• Work with customers regarding assembly and inspection of the product
• Read blueprints and be able to TIG weld and grind as necessary
• Communicate any quality issues, concerns or delays to the Manager
• Finalize all work ensuring compliance with specifications
• Test controls as required
• Regularly inspect products and complete documentation regarding assembly, inspection records and procedures.
• Communicate maintenance work needed
• Maintains a clean, orderly work area to minimize safety hazards and follows safety procedures/policies at all times
• Communicate potential process improvements for greater efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Ability to travel on a regular basis
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• 2 years of experience in the field preferred.
• Associate Degree, Trade or Technical school preferred
• Experience with pharmaceutical or biomedical equipment manufacturing or design highly preferred
• Requires a working knowledge of PLC systems and advantage, basic mechanical construction, instrumentation for electrical and HVAC application
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
• Electrical skills including reading, interpreting blueprint drawings, field wiring, panel modifications, and logical fault finding.
• Demonstrates ability to read, interpret and apply blueprints, weld symbols and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate with associates to ensure that quality requirements are properly conveyed and achieved
**Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.