An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Design Department.
The mechanical design engineer is responsible for the development and delivery of the mechanical engineering design to meet key targets of time, cost, quality and SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) as defined within as sold specification.
Duties and key responsibilities
• Ensure the overall design; “basis of safety” is inherent in the mechanical engineering design
• Ensure mechanical design meets essential company and statutory design standards
• Coordinate the development and delivery of the mechanical engineering design and documentation to meet the agreed project programme
• Ensure all engineering risks are shared with and understood by the Project Engineer
• Provide appropriate mechanical engineering support for fabrication, technical assembly, installation and commissioning
• Mange the project log sheet
• Design Equipment in the most cost effective way while still maintaining quality
• Ensure all GA and fabrication drawings are checked prior to issue.
• Produce the mechanical General Arrangement drawings; detailed drawings ,etc to facilitate fabrication and technical assembly, together with other key mechanical documentation such as Parts Lists and Flat Pack details etc
• Liaise with project engineer, controls engineer, fabrication and assembly engineers to ensure their input and support achieves a robust design
• Provide mechanical design engineering input to the various project & design review meetings such as DQ’s and Fabrication Handovers
• Ensure mechanical design costs achieve, or better, their gross profit budgets
• Promote standardisation philosophy within designs, maximising efficiency and minimising potential risks.
• Ensure that you remain compliant with health and safety regulations and accepted safe practice at all times. Report any health and safety issues or contraventions witnessed anywhere within the business to your manager
This job description is a general guide to the duties you will be expected to carry out. Flexibility is required to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV with a covering letter to Jaime Larder, HR Officer or email email@example.com